VERA (Voter Education, Registration and Action) (W) - CANCELLED -- Webinar still on
- The VERA (Voter Education, Registration and Action) Training was developed by the New England Literacy Resource Center (NELRC) at World Education to educate program staff and adult literacy learners about voting and to mobilize their participation in the democratic process
Anne Goff of CMA SABES will present this two-hour interactive training on non-partisan voter education knowledge and strategies which will include critical thinking, motivational forces and advocacy while building academic skills. Engage in practical, fun and thought-provoking activities to educate and motivate you, your program’s staff and your students to vote (and to understand why!) in 2012.
- Sep 28, 2012 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Off campus (see below)
- Picknelly Adult and Family Education Center [in the Holyoke Transportation Center]
- 206 Maple Street - Room 401
- Holyoke, MA 01040
- Registration Deadline
- Sep 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM
- ABE, ESOL, GED, Curriculum Development, Other Curriculum & Instruction
- Maximum attendance
- Multi-session attendance required
- Contact info
- Learning objectives
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify 2 classroom activities regarding voter education and participation to use within the ABE, GED and ESOL Classroom.
- Describe two resources to gain information on the democratic process, voting and/or making one’s voice heard.
- Anne Goff
- Presenters Bio
- Anne is an Associate Coordinator at Central Mass SABES. She has had 16 years of experience in Adult Basic Education including being an ESOL instructor and Coordinator of ESOL programs in the workplace.
- Host RSC
- West Massachusetts Region