DL: Fundamentals of Assessment (CRC) -- online course
- This online tutorial -- which you may start anytime -- covers the foundational concepts of assessment design.
Fundamentals of Assessment is a self-paced, online tutorial course covering reliability, validity, standard error of measurement, standardized test development, and other basic psychometric concepts. The course consists of ten online lessons written in accessible language, each with a check-in quiz. There is also a Final Examination; if passed, the participant will be given competency credit in SMARTT.
Fundamentals takes about two hours for most participants to complete; furthermore, participants can stop if they need to and pick up where they left off at a different time. Directions for accessing and enrolling in the course, plus the necessary enrollment key, will be sent by email to registrants by the course registrar.
NOTE: This course is only available to Massachusetts-based adult literacy practitioners.
Jul 01, 2011 01:05 AM
Jul 01, 2012 12:55 AM
- NA: online course
- Registration Deadline
- Jun 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM
- Multi-session attendance required
- Contact info
- Learning objectives
- Will be able to define key concepts governing the design of sound assessments: e.g., reliability, validity, standard error of measurement, test bias, and so forth.
- Will be able to describe at least two ways in which standardized assessment practices can be applied to the design of good classroom assessments.
- None: self-paced, online tutorial.
- Host RSC