VERA 2012: How Will We Help Our Students Prepare to Vote in 2012? (SE)
- The VERA (Voter Education, Registration, and Action) Training was developed by the New England Literacy Resource Center (NELRC) at World Education will prepare students to make the voting decisions that reflect their values and opinions, thus affecting the future of their communities.
Kristen McKenna of Bristol Community College will present this two-hour training on non-partisan voter education strategies such as critical thinking activities, advocacy, and using The Change Agent Democracy in Action issue. The Voter Education, Registration, and Action campaign of 2012 is a non-partisan effort aimed at adult learners and program staff in the New England states. Its goal is to educate adult learners about voting and the topical electoral issues, and mobilize them to vote in the 2012 elections. Be prepared to get excited about voter education in 2012!
The training will be held at the NEW
Bristol Community College
Workforce Center - 2nd Floor
1082 Davol Street
Fall River, MA 02720
Friday September 7, 2012
Conference Room Q-203 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Sep 07, 2012 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- On campus (see below)
- 1082 Davol Street
- Fall River, MA 02720
- Registration Deadline
- Aug 31, 2012 at 5:00 PM
- Other Curriculum & Instruction
- Maximum attendance
- Multi-session attendance required
- Contact info
(508) 678-2811 ext. 2278
- Learning objectives
Participants will be able to…
1. Implement 1-3 classroom activities voter education as part of ABE, GED, and ESOL curriculum.
2. Use 1-3 voter motivation and education practices that have proven successful in other programs.
- Kristen McKenna
- Presenters Bio
- Kristen McKenna is the MA Community College Workforce Transformation Agenda Director at BCC. She has 15-years of experience in Adult Basic Education and served as the VERA 2008 Regional Coordinator for NELRC providing nonpartisan voter education training across the six New England States.
- Host RSC
- Southeast Massachusetts Region