Focus Group on Education and Career Advising (SE)
- The new ABE guidelines for next year include the designation of an Education and Career Adviser in ABE programs whose primary function is to help students to set realistic and authentic education and career goals, craft an Education and Career Plan (ECP), and follow up with students regarding their progress on and updates to their plan. We are looking for a mix of Directors, Counselors and Teachers to participate in a FOCUS GROUP ON EDUCATION AND CAREER ADVISING that will provide a forum for providing your input on promising practices on advising for next steps in ABE.
Because SABES understands that the ABE field is being asked to make a substantial shift in their practice to more deliberately guide students in their Next Steps, we are interested in working closely with you to understand the needs of ABE practitioners in making this shift so that we can support you. As importantly, we want to provide you with a mechanism to give your input into this new process, and to share promising practices that you already do in your program.
Jun 05, 2012 02:00 PM
May 05, 2012 04:00 PM
- On campus (see below)
- Bristol Community College
- 777 Elsbree Street ROOM L108
- Fall River, MA 02720
- Registration Deadline
- May 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM
- Maximum attendance
- Multi-session attendance required
- Contact info
- Learning objectives
Explore current procedures in counseling and advising ABE/ESOL students;
• Identify strengths and promising practices in counseling and advising, and;
• Provide a forum for practitioners to discuss plans, concerns, and questions regarding ACLS guidelines for Educational and Career Advising for ABE/ESOL students for the next funding cycle.
- Patricia Pelletier
- Presenters Bio
- Patricia Pelletier is the owner of Pelletier Consulting and provides consultation services to many nonprofit organizations including Adult Basic Education and Workforce Development programs and state agencies. Patricia has been a SABES professional development consultant for more than 10 years and is a former ABE Director and Instructor. For further information on Patricia visit www.pelletier-consulting.com
- Host RSC
- Southeast Massachusetts Region