TABE CLAS-E Reading Assessment Training (CMA)
- This face-to-face training is intended for ABE practitioners to administer and score the TABE CLAS-E Reading Assessment test for ESOL students whose primary assessment area is ESOL reading.
No Previous assessment training/certification is required to enroll in this training.
NOTE: This face-to-face training is intended for people who are new to the TABE CLAS-E Reading or have not taken a CLAS-E writing training. Those who are already certified in TABE CLAS-E Writing can take the online CLAS-E Reading Assessment training which is posted on the calendar.
- Aug 30, 2012 from 09:30 am to 01:00 pm
- Devens Learning Center, 1 Jackson Place at 27 Jackson Rd., Devens, MA 01432
- Room 128
- ESOL, Assessment
- Contact info
508-751-7931 for info only. To register please contact Joanne Harrington at 508-751-7928.
- Learning objectives
- Explain the basic elements and importance of standardized testing
- Describe the purpose and components of the TABE CLAS-E Reading Assessment
- Administer, score and interpret the TABE CLAS-E Interview and Locator to determine the correct reading test level to give a student
- Administer, score, and interpret the TABE CLAS-E Reading Levels 1 through 4 appropriately, accurately, and consistently
- Summarize the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education policies and procedures rgarding the CLAS-E Reading Assessment
- Merilee Freeman and Janet Piracha
- Host RSC
- Central Massachusetts Region