GED 2014: What You Need to Know (BOS)
Click on the register button to sign up for this event.
- The GED test will be changing radically on January 1, 2014, with major implications for both our students and our programs. Join Tom Mechem, GED State Chief Examiner, for an information session on the upcoming GED 2014. The workshop will discuss the new delivery system (totally computer-based), the dual purpose of the new assessment system (to verify high-school equivalency and to document college and career readiness), and the significantly more rigorous academic standards required. The workshop will present some practical suggestions for preparing students for the new test while still assisting them to pass the current GED test. Tom will also discuss the possible alternatives to the GED that Massachusetts may adopt at some point in the future.
- Jun 19, 2012 from 01:00 pm to 03:00 pm
- On campus (see below)
- Adult Literacy Resource Institute / SABES Greater Boston Regional Support Center
- University of Massachusetts Boston / Wheatley Bldg., 4th floor, room 04-167
- 100 Morrissey Blvd.
- Boston, MA 02125
- Registration Deadline
- Jun 12, 2012 at 1:00 AM
- Contact info
For info on the activity: Steve Reuys. (For info on registrations, contact Shirley Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-287-4073.)
- Learning objectives
- After completing this session, participants will be able to: 1) Describe the changes that are taking place in the GED for 2014. 2) Describe the implications of these changes for ABE programs and students.
- Tom Mechem.
- Presenters Bio
- Tom is the GED State Chief Examiner for Massachusetts.
- Host RSC
- Boston Region
For information on all SABES events, visit the SABES calendar: http://calendar.sabes.org/calendar